FOODBALL Project Overview
The Food Biomarkers Alliance – FoodBAll – is a JPI-funded, multicentric project aiming to develop strategies for food biomarker discovery and validation, and to identify biomarkers of intake for a range of foods. This page is maintained as a collaborative effort of numerous experts in the field of food metabolomics. It will provide support for the food metabolome community through the collection of useful information and tools, concepts, current practices and major updates in the field.
A selection of recent papers on the food metabolome and identification/validation of dietary biomarkers.
Dec 2016 – April 2017
- The translation of lipid profiles to nutritional biomarkers in the study of infant metabolism
- One (small) step towards precision nutrition by use of metabolomics
- The nutritional metabolomics crossroads: how to ensure success for dietary biomarkers
- Metabolic Phenotyping of Diet and Dietary Intake
- Untargeted metabolomic analysis of human serum samples associated with different levels of red meat consumption: A possible indicator of type 2 diabetes?
- A metabolomic study of biomarkers of meat and fish intake
- Metabolomic profiles as reliable biomarkers of dietary composition
- Metabolomics as a tool in the identification of dietary biomarkers
- Detecting Beer Intake by Unique Metabolite Patterns
- Serum metabolomic profiling highlights pathways associated with liver fat content in a general population sample
- Urinary 1H Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Metabolomic Fingerprinting Reveals Biomarkers of Pulse Consumption Related to Energy-Metabolism Modulation in a Subcohort from the PREDIMED study
- Lessons on dietary biomarkers from twin studies
- Metabolites Associated With Malnutrition in the Intensive Care Unit Are Also Associated With 28-Day Mortality: A Prospective Cohort Study
- Exposome-Explorer: a manually-curated database on biomarkers of exposure to dietary and environmental factors
- The role of metabolomics in determination of new dietary biomarkers
- Identifying biomarkers of dietary patterns by using metabolomics
- Integrated Analytical and Statistical Two-Dimensional Spectroscopy Strategy for Metabolite Identification: Application to Dietary Biomarkers
- A serum metabolomics-driven approach predicts orange juice consumption and its impact on oxidative stress and inflammation in subjects from the BIONAOS study
- Use of biomarkers to assess fruit and vegetable intake
- Urinary Biomarkers of Whole Grain Wheat Intake Identified by Non-targeted and Targeted Metabolomics Approaches